We started storytime at Three Four Knock on the Door in 2012. It’s held every Thursday and Friday at 10am. The cost is $5/family (first session for free), and because we have a limited number of spaces, bookings are essential. Please contact us for further information.
During our storytime we read one picture book and 2 board books (usually including one interactive book in the mix), play a variety of simple instruments, sing lots of nursery rhymes, and there are apples to munch on during the stories. The sessions usually last for 30 minutes and after tidying up there’s a sticker for everyone.
Storytime is an important event to include for every child. It has many benefits, including:
- Increasing a child’s attention span
- Enhances a child’s visual discrimination skills
- Practices auditory processing
- Reinforces world recognition
- Examines social situations and behaviours
- Instills a love of books
- Great place to interact with other children
- It’s FUN!