National Simultaneous Storytime is an annual campaign that aims to encourage more young Australians to read and enjoy books. Now in its 16th successful year it is a colourful, vibrant, fun event that aims to promote the value of reading and literacy using an Australian children’s book that explores age appropriate themes, and addresses key learning areas of the National Curriculum for Grades F to 6 and the pre-school Early Learning Years Framework. Every year a picture book, written and illustrated by an Australian author and illustrator is read simultaneously in libraries, schools, pre-schools, childcare centres, family homes, bookshops and many other places around the country.
National Simultaneous Storytime aims to:
- Promote the value of reading and literacy
- Promote the value of fun and books
- Promote and Australian writer and publisher
- Promote storytime activities around the country
- Provide opportunities to involve parents, grandparents, and all others to participate in and enjoy the occasion
Join us for this year’s National Simultaneous Storytime at 11am on Wednesday 24th May. We’ll be reading the book “The Cow Tripped Over the Moon,” eating lots of apple of course, and we have lots of great activities planned.